- Our County
- Land and Water Conservation
- Water Resource Programs
- County Private Well Testing Day
Private Well Testing Day
About the Program
Every year, Calumet County hosts a private well testing day with the support of local towns and villages. A private well should be sampled annually for bacteria at a minimum. This event provides the annual opportunity (and reminder) to "check-up" on your home's drinking water supply. Benefits of participating include bottle pick up & drop off convenience, reduced pricing for group testing participants, and an education night held about five weeks after the event. The education night is an opportunity to learn how to read your results, as well as how to resolve any problems with your water, including plumbing, proper well maintenance, and at home-practices to improve your drinking water.
2023 Program Dates and Registration info:
Testing Day: May 8, 2023
Bottle Distribution: Week of May 1, 2023 at the following location and times.
- Brothertown Town Hall - Monday, May 1 from 5:00PM to 6:30PM
- Chilton Town Hall - Tuesday, May 2 from 5:00PM to 6:30PM
- Woodville Town Hall - Wednesday, May 3 from 5:00PM to 6:30PM
- Calumet County Courthouse - Wednesday, May 3 from 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Registration Links: Please register by April 19, 2023.
- Town of Chilton Residents (ONLY): Please only use this link if your well is located in the Town of Chilton
- County-Wide Registration: For well owners in Woodville, Brothertown or any other municipality in Calumet County
Samples MUST be collected on May 8th and be returned to the following locations and times.
- Brothertown Town Hall - from 5:00PM to 6:30PM
- Chilton Town Hall - from 5:00PM to 6:30PM
- Woodville Town Hall - from 5:00PM to 6:30PM
- Calumet County Courthouse - from 10:00AM - 2:00PM
If you wish to be notified via mail about the annual well testing program, please fill out the form: Groundwater Program Mailing List
2022 Group Testing Results
227 wells were sampled on May 9, 2021 and analyzed for coliform bacteria and nitrates. The results of the sampling event are found in the table below. More details are provided in the 2022 Groundwater Report.
2021 Group Testing Results
A recorded presentation from the 2021 Education program was recorded and provided details on overall results from the September sampling event along with how to interpret individual results. Meeting Recording
2020 Group Testing Results
2019 Group Testing Results
Calumet County Groundwater Report June 2019 (PDF)